Who we are
Risk Managers Society of Nigeria (RIMSON) is an association of corporate bodies and individual members dedicated to the promotion of Risk Awareness and Risk Management culture in Nigeria. This places RIMSON at a vantage position of having access to international facilities in addition to those that exist locally
Click the links below for more information about the board and management of Risk Managers Society of Nigeria:
- Board of Trustees
- Executive Council
Aims and Objectives
- RIMSON shall as an independent organization and membership association for Risk Management, support members in their professional development and execution of their roles; to ensure that the value of Risk Management is understood at entry up to board level;
- RIMSON will promote and influence the further development of recognised Risk Management qualifications; to drive research and market efficiency in commerce, industry and the public sector.
- RIMSON will provide a platform for professionals to stay in touch and communicate with one another, and to provide thought leadership in all areas of Risk Management;
- RIMSON shall foster and support educational development in Risk Management by setting up an institute or Centre for Risk Management Development which shall be the training, educational and research arm of RIMSON.
To be the foremost Risk Management Society in Nigeria.
To promote and entrench Risk Management practices among Governments, Corporate Bodies and individuals for the safety and betterment of all Stakeholders and the Community.
RIMSON’s objectives revolve around the core values aimed at promoting Risk Management culture in Nigeria. These objectives include the following:
- Promoting Risk Management practices for improved performances.
- Providing Risk Management Training, Education and Research.
- Collaborating with other professional bodies globally.
- Entrenching Risk Management Professionalism.
- Promoting Risk Management practices among Government, Corporate Bodies and Individuals for the safety and betterment of all stakeholders.
- Exchanging Risk Management information and materials locally and internationally.
- Sensitizing all Stakeholders on the latest risk management initiatives.
- Attracting more members into the Society and increase participation in the Trainings/Conferences.